Music Banter - View Single Post - please ban me....
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I'm not going into the specifics of the debate but I did watch the first part (of twelve) of the movie and pointed out that they deliberately distort an Obama quote and based a wild conspiracy off this misquote. I even quoted the full context of the speech which showed he wasn't building a secret police but rather asking for Americans to join volunteer groups like the Peace Corps. You never responded to this (despite going on abut me needing to watch the documentary before I could argue the subject.) Why should I expect watching it would have been worthwhile when you can't even respond to a lie that was reveal within two minutes of watching the documentary?

Now as to why I didn't watch the movie...it's two hours long! I don't have the time to watch a movie nor the patience to watch one of those sorts. That is why I asked you to summarize its points, find the thesis and bring in examples. You sort of did this (or at least tried) and when I responded to it you ignored me and went on about something entirely different. When I responded to that you did the same and then added in some vague, referential and fractured statements that made no sense.

I've pointed out to you several times before you need to communicate in a coherent manner when debating and you need to stay on topic. I've also been very lenient about it. Despite these warnings however you continue to act this way and post in a disruptive manner that clogs that specific section of this site. I'm perfectly within my rights as a moderator to decide what is spam and what is not and I've told you before your posts are going to be treated as spam in there now because of your posting behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Basically the same rules as any other forum except the content here is going to be moderated much more strictly. If you're asked to provide sources; please do so. I want the arguments here to be at least slightly intelligent. I'm not asking for a ban on stupid people or anything - that would be Nazish of me - but it's when the stupidity becomes disruptive/trolling that there's going to be moderating.
Those are the specific rules as a forum. As you can see this isn't just you being victimized specifically. Those have been in place since the forums creation. I might be more sympathetic to you if you had tried to discuss this matter privately but instead you've created threads trying to seek sympathy and attention instead of acting with some level of maturity.