Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #174 (permalink)
Music Addict

I'd have to agree with Emsanders. Though not all these are my favorite, they most certainly shaped my musical taste today. Also, they're in no specific order:

-Alice in Chain: Jar of Flies
It's gotten me through some emotional times. In my opinion, not Staley at his best, but nonetheless, amazing. Also, I think Layne Staley can be sometimes overrated. It was Cantrell and Staley together that really spoke to me. Jerry's solo stuff is pretty mind-blowing, too.

-Tool: Aenima
This is where I started with Tool. I backtracked to Undertow and Opiate from here, and just a couple of years ago moved on to Lateralus and 10,000 days. I can't wait to see they're coming out with.

- Pink Floyd: Meddle
One of my favorites. Words won't express the significance of this album for me, so I'll stop here.

- Sam Cooke: A Change is Gonna Come
Mr. Cooke pulled me out of my limited music tastes a few years back when I was introduced to him with this album.

- Miles Davis: Live Evil
I really appreciate this album because of how experimental he gets. It's quite moving.

- Mr. Bungle: Self-titled, Disco Volante, California
I think I've said enough on Bungle in the this forum for right now.

- Mos Def: The New Danger
He opened me up to the better qualities of hip-hop with this album. When I bought it, I feel like I was too young to understand, but the more I listened, the more I was blown away. I also love his singing voice.

- Acid Bath: When the Kite String Pops
Back in junior high, these guys opened me up to some dark music and I ****ing loved it. Dax Rigg has a great voice and the band he started with his sister, Dead Man and Elephant Boy doesn't nearly showcase it as well as When the Kite String Pops does.

- Tom Waits: Rain Dogs
This is how I was introduced to Tom Waits, and I couldn't have asked for a better way.

- Can: Ege Bamyasi
I have difficulties finding the right words to describe this album, much less the band. At first listen, I wasn't so impressed, but within minutes after the second go-around, I was sold.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote