Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #178 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

in no order:

1) guy clark- old number one
growing up the way i did in small town texas, listening to guy clark was much like breatheing, and there are so many of his songs that lend themselves to the soundtrack of my life,....i'll go with old number one, because it was his first,....and my first of his,....it includes LA Freeway, which is quite possibly my very favorite song ever, he has a way of turnin the simplest of phrases into some kind off accidentally romantic poetry......hearing guy clark is much like drivin down a tree lined dirt road, with all the windows down, just as the sun starts to set, and breatheing really deep,taking in the smell of fresh cut hay,....guy clark is home

2) traffic - heavy traffic
i've always been a huge steve winwood fan,.....traffic, and later blind faith, played a large role in the identity of my high school self,.....technically interesting, yet undeniably feel good while being thought provoking,......meh, who am i kiddin,....i was smokeing alot of pot

3) pat green - live at billy bobs
considered my generation's jerry jeff walker, pat green inspired many a road trip weekend,.....his songs were fun,..light,....about beer, and burritos, and music, and texas, and love,.......it was all about a good time, or a good time to avoid heart break,.....sometimes good music isnt good because its original, or thecnically steller,....but it envokes some kinda of memory, connection, within you,...pat green does that for me and many of my friends,.....because of this album, we set off on our own,......we ate ramen noodles all week just so we could afford five dollar cover and dollar beers in some run down side of the road beer joint, that was packed with others just like us,....tryin to figure out who we are, where we are goin,......what we knew is that we would get there with pat on the radio, an allsups burrito in our belly, and lone star beer in a cooler behind the seat

4) neil young – harvest
my father,….and much of my relationship with him

5) the toadies – rubberneck
Almost every good memory I have can some how be tied into this album,…..be it playing in the back ground,……or quoted in conversation,……or just a general vibe,……this album provides a song for almost any situation I can think of,…..and in a way that’s alittle ****ed up

6) ani difranco – not a pretty girl
This album has gotten me through every breakup I’ve had thus far,…cliché as it may be

7) various artist – hi fi soundtrack
Be it bob dylan’s most of the time, or john Wesley harding’s I’m wrong about everything,…..or 13th floor’s your gonna miss me,…..in a way the book, movie, and soundtrack can easily be a road map and instruction book for life

8) kasey chambers – wayward angel
Singable, realatable, non man hateing chick music,…….if I’m getting ready to go out, or I have a big day planned,…..i can just slip this album in while I’m getting ready and by the time I run out the door, I’m calm, happy, and ready for anything

9) mike mcclure – everything upside down
I feel in and out of love with this in the back ground,…

10) lyle lovette – Pontiac
Because all I ever wanted was a boat

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote