Music Banter - View Single Post - Ooh! Ooh! Judge me next!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #40 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
So, keep in mind I'm 5 years younger than you, so what I'm about to say is only from observation.

I think too many of us are often plagued by the idea that we have to be at a certain point in our life at a certain age, or "settled". I try not to get sucked into this type of thinking because I feel that it can be so limiting. I mean, I can't really talk to you about personal goals or problems because I just met you, but what exactly does it mean to "get your **** together"? Why does there need to be a plan for life? So, this might be a little cynical, but most of us weren't planned pregnancies, so why live your life thinking you always have to accomplish something "worthy"? Why commit to one lifestyle, one career, one stereotype? Why, with being in the time and age we are, showered in copious technology and advances, are we so worried about committing to one thing?! This is by no means a personal attack against you or anything, but this is the exact type of thinking that keeps us from revolutionizing and evolving!

I'll stop here for now. I feel like if we were to go any further on the subject matter, we'd have to start another, more specific thread.

five years doesnt seem like much,....but i've changed so much in the past five years sometimes i dont know who i am anymore

for the most part you are right,....but when you wake up one morning and everyone around you has kids, or is married, or is married with kids, or is gettin married,......or they have a life partner,.....and i dunno,.....are doin grown up stuff,.....it'll flip you out

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote