Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Protector, more aggressive, less caring.

Again, ton of subtleties here. I know the kinds of people it seems like I'm identifying with. It's not like that.

As far as dudes plucking eyebrows to look good and all this, it's fleeting, I hope.

Anyone can live any way they want in my eyes. No pressure.
Males adhering to a natural inclination that has no societal influence, like aggressiveness, has absolutely nothing to do with socially imposed expectations.
If a guy is more aggressive than a girl, it's not a gender role. It's a fact of nature. And if it's the other way around, like a guy being less aggressive than a girl, it's still nature. If you don't believe that, then you're in the school of thought that reasons homosexuals can change their sexual preference. No. Doesn't work like that. It's not an environmental cue.

And, as far as "dudes plucking their eyebrows", well I guess that's just a personal choice. I think they look ridiculous too, but they're involved with how they look so they can score some ass. It may be a passing thing, but it's not a role that anyone is expected, on a large scale, to adhere to.

Your argument has nothing to do with the original post idea.