Music Banter - View Single Post - Red special?
Thread: Red special?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
The out of tune problem you're experiencing is nothing to do with the zero fret, you're just playing with WAY too much force in the fretting hand. Use a lighter touch or some heavier guage strings. You'll be more in tune no matter what guitar you're playing, and you'll end up being able to play for longer. If you focus on the light touch part of thigns, you'll also find your dexterity vastly improves.

The reason it doesn't affect you on the strat is because the frets are much smaller, so theres no big gap of air undeneath your fingers to bend the strings into.

As for his next line of guitars, Brian has started his own guitar company. Google brian may guitars and it comes straight up.
you misread/misunderstood my post... I said this problem is most likely attributed to my playing style (which I developed learning on a strat) despite the fact the guitar has a zero fret (which is designed to help eliminate this issue).

I have been practicing a lighter touch... especially for the Brian May, it works wonders. Also, I always use 10 gauge strings... I rather adjust my style then change my gauge, I don't dig the heavier gauges. I also mentioned the jumbo frets probably attribute to this issue I was having for the same exact reason you mentioned so... thanks for repeating me.

Good to know about the Brian May line of guitars, since I own one I never had a reason to google it... but for anybody looking... check it out.

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 04-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote