Music Banter - View Single Post - Slaughterhouse Abuse
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nation
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Its a necessary means of providing massive quantities of meat for the working men and women that would otherwise do it themselves.

I will agree some of the videos out there are quite gruesome and some of the workers are probably serial killers. However, at least there doing something productive and there desires are fulfilled .... j/k

Seriously, I agree they should up the sanitation as well as find more humane ways to slaughter these animals..
What really gets me most though is their doing it illegally while the USDA inspectors are THERE.
And the inspectors can't report because they will automatically be rebuffed by the testimonies of the workers, leading to losing their jobs.

The most effective way I've found of weeding out bad meat is to go talk to your local butcher, find out the name of the slaughterhouse, call them, and drop in.
They usually are willing to take you through if their not busy (too many accusations could be formulated if they refuse... ), and your not a minor (Damn my stupid age).
But I do know a guy who works at a local store who's been to the slaughterhouse and it's a small slaughter house, and not too bad.
They only service to stores in the area, and are therefore not too large or concerned about money.
But Tyson slaughterhouses are the worst. Too many CEO's concerned about money to care about anything that goes on in a slaughterhouse.

Nation's the name, Music is my game.
Nation is offline   Reply With Quote