Music Banter - View Single Post - Slaughterhouse Abuse
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bane of your existence
Such That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
I ate a bunch of meat as a child, I was right on time.. Show me some proof.
American Beef: Why is it Banned in Europe?

"Most U. S. beef cattle are implanted with synthetic hormones in feedlots prior to slaughter. On January 1, 1989 the European Economic Community (EEC) placed a ban on hormone-treated U. S. meat, preventing U. S. meat products from being sold in any European nations. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has challenged the ban and accused the EEC of unfair trade practices, but the action of European governments raises some important questions about American meat."

Consumer Concerns About Hormones in Food

"While a variety of hormones are produced by our bodies and are essential for normal development of healthy tissues, synthetic steroid hormones used as pharmaceutical drugs, have been found to affect cancer risk. For example, diethylstilbestrol (DES), a synthetic estrogen drug used in the 1960s was withdrawn from use after it was found to increase the risk of vaginal cancer in daughters of treated women. Lifetime exposure to natural steroid hormone estrogen is also associated with an increased risk for breast cancer (see BCERF Fact Sheet #09 Estrogen and Breast Cancer Risk: What is the Relationship?). Hence, consumers are concerned about whether they are being exposed to hormones used to treat animals, and whether these hormones affect human health. We try to address this complex issue based on scientific evidence that is currently available. "

This is SERIOUSLY the tip of the iceburg if you want proof. It's a very easy subject to research, take two minutes.

Quote:
If its as horrible as you say it is I would expect to get sick or shart worms...
I didn't say it was SARS. But it is causing a very unhealthy society and the heart diseases that it's easily caused more deaths than this peanut butter b.s. that's been in the news.

Quote:
Humans are omnivores, I think the amount we eat is up to us
And I said it's ok to eat meat, I eat it. We just eat way too much of it. We've been raised with this idea that we need to eat it at every meal. Our bodies weren't meant to process all that.

Quote:
... Lets just say millions of people eat less meat... well guess what you still need the slaughterhouses...
It's the factory farming that's the problem. That's where the cramped, filthy conditions are. If we ate less meat we could have nothing but free range farms, and less cruel conditions that are hot beads for diseases to spread.

Everything else you said is retarded. I assume you know this.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote