Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Generally speaking it does seem to be a trendy occurrence amongst teenagers involved in that whole emo/goth thing but I think that more has to do with those cultures being open to that idea and teenagers being horny. Some of them (who actually aren't) just grow out of it in a few years. I wish all facets of culture were open to sexuality or stopped being so definitive about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
Of course it takes two to make a child, but under all appearances women have had the biological imperative to raise the children while the men's single innate objective is to mate with as many women as possible. While it is technically possible to rise above these instincts to get rid of gender roles, do we really want to? Sexism is almost dead anyway :\

Women's Sexuality Across the Life ... - Google Book Search

Biological imperative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We are intelligent beings capable of moral arguments and contemplation. I think in many ways we've grown past our biology and are no longer (at least in terms of what we do) completely defined by our genes. It isn't necessary for the woman to be the homemaker/children-raiser anymore and there's no guarantees that she will be better at it then the father. It really all depends on the people involved - not their biology.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote