Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #80 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
I think a woman, to some extent, should be a caregiver for the family. It's sort of the biological initiative, is it not? I'm not going to object to a woman working in ANY job, but if she's doing so to be a liberated woman, while not giving enough time to her children because of it, I sort of see that as wrong. Though the same could be said for a father, to a much lesser extent IMO

I prolly look like a big ol' sexist now, lol
I absolutely disagree. For one you are implying that all woman want a family and two, just because we have a biological clock and do have children this does not mean we should have to look after children/family solely.

I am the total opposite of the women that were born and wed to have babies. I am extremely independent and the thought of having children makes me retch. I definitely am not ruling out children in the future, but I will be having a damn good career first and during if it does occur.

I know humans are designed to reproduce, like animals, but we have intelligent brains and it makes us distinct from other species. Yes some of us are meant to just keep the population going, survival of the fittest etc, but the most important thing is that we keep moving forward with science and technology, to create better futures for generations ahead.

I think the gender roles are absolute rubbish, as women have made incredible progress in all different fields of work, especially science and labour. Men now days do such activities as ballet, fashion design, and cooking. It is the 21st century, and I think because we still have the older generations still alive and kicking with their old fashion values, its hard to completely dissociate from these idealistic roles.

Who knows what roles people will be taking 100 years from now?

Quote:
Of course it takes two to make a child, but under all appearances women have had the biological imperative to raise the children while the men's single innate objective is to mate with as many women as possible. While it is technically possible to rise above these instincts to get rid of gender roles, do we really want to? Sexism is almost dead anyway :\
So now you're saying that men are allowed to go out and screw every woman with open legs? That's really practical. The world isn't populated enough as it is. And now men cheating is exceptable? You have a seriously backwards view on the world today. Why don't you go join the cavemen as you'd fit right in.

Last edited by Scarlett O'Hara; 04-03-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Scarlett O'Hara is offline   Reply With Quote