Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #98 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Always digging sleepy...

Can we give the same credit to monkeys? dolphins? I just feel that we have our limitations too, intellect or not. Evolution of course may prove this theory wrong.. master... is a pleasure as well maybe evo wont let us do this without impregnating ourselves Basically multi-sexing us since we have suppressed it with contraceptives...

Maybe ...

However evolution is ahead of me if I cant see it I know only what I know right now... Fun to wonder about it though.
Our intellect has allowed us to progress beyond this extreme utilitarianism you're talking about where we should exist solely to continue the race and nothing more. You can see this in the fact we have morals, a government, technology and society. All this has enabled us to demolish traditional gender roles you see in the animal kingdom. I don't know why you want to give credits to dolphins and monkeys. They aren't as intelligent as humans (generally) and don't contemplate issues of morality nor do they have the kind of societies we have.

A couple of small points that don't really make sense...evolution will let us masturbate. We have hands and the knowledge of our to pleasure ourselves with them. You can't impregnate yourself by masturbation either. Contraceptives were invented solely for purposes of pleasure; something that there's no room for in your view of society where all everyone does is find their mate, have a litter and then they, as a family, try and stay healthy until they die of old age.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote