Music Banter - View Single Post - When do YOU have money enough!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthedrummer View Post
Money IMO is like a virus that infects a person until they are addicted to it and they either are consumed by it, die, or they lose everything a la Michael Vick or Mike Tyson...so what is too much depends on many factors...do you come from money, did your parents instill values in you that make you treat it wisely...i say more money, more problems...but I come from money so that is easy for me to say and although I live modestly I have never really been broke or worried where my next meal is coming from...Note: I still play the lottery twice a week.
I completely disagree with this, it's not the money, but the person who's hands it is in. I know a lot of very, VERY wealthy people who are extremely down to earth, and live way under their means, giving a lot to charity, spending a lot on their kid's university education, who live in a very nice house, but not extravagantly large, and who drive normal cars.

Conversely, I know people who have average salaries, and spend their money on designer clothing, nice cars, and are in stupid amounts of credit card debt. Now in this economy, they're royally screwed. They're also miserable because most of their identity has been built around their stuff.

Money is a good thing. It's only when superficial idiots get their hands on it (any amount of it) that it becomes a problem.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote