Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #93 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Alot of what you said is represented figuratively in the Bible
Really? So Jesus surviving his own death, which is a belief at the very heart of Christianity is just figurative?

Quote:
Plus, all these 'facts' are more than effective in proving who has faith and who doesn't. It's part of His Plan
You keep using the same cookie cutter taught in Sunday school cop out answers. "It's faith!" "It's part of his plan!" It amuses me how much you demand of my arguments but how you little you offer in return.

Quote:
You think anyone has the mind capacity to do that? God wouldn't be much if we could easily understand his motives, would he?
Let me get this straight, you're shocked that I would demand that of you yet you demand the very same thing of me despite the fact that I claim no belief. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
All these atheists and agnostics think they're so non-conformist, when in fact all I see in today's youth are non-believers
A generalization; I see just as many wannabe nihilistic atheists as I do sheep like Christians.

Quote:
People seem to like getting hung up on the nut cases that spawn from religion as well, the molesting priests for example?
Probably because the Catholic church has try and hide these cases (and there are very very many) and move the Priests around to avoid investigation on the matter. It's a very sick thing they're doing and the fact you're trying to dismiss it as just a "few nutcases" is disingenuous.

Quote:
Well how about we compare that to the number of non-believers that commit crimes? The percentages are much higher for non-believers
Where's your source for that?
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote