Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #95 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Really? So Jesus surviving his own death, which is a belief at the very heart of Christianity is just figurative?
I said alot, not all of what you said. The Earth being 6,000 years old for example. I believe when it says in the Bible, "on the first day... second day... etc" it's using days to symbolize years and years, you see what I'm saying?

Quote:
You keep using the same cookie cutter taught in Sunday school cop out answers. "It's faith!" "It's part of his plan!" It amuses me you seem to think
Well I don't know what else to say, besides it being the very foundation of Christian belief. You can't avoid it when discussing Christianity

Quote:
A generalization; I see just as many wannabe nihilistic atheists as I do sheep like Christians.
Sure it's a generalization, but I wasn't speaking on your behalf, more the atheists I know who live by fact but can't present it when I ask for proof of God's existence. Just a random, frustrated comment thrown in to vent.

Quote:
Probably because the Catholic church has try and hide these cases (and there are very very many) and move the Priests around to avoid investigation on the matter. It's a very sick thing they're doing and the fact you're trying to dismiss it as just a "few nutcases" is disingenuous.
They hide it because they want to set a good example. Shockingly enough, there are phonies who pretend to follow the Lord. Their actions will have consequences in the form of divine retribution

Quote:
Where's your source for that?
Don't have one, that's why I edited that part out

However, based on purely observation I still agree with what I said
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote