Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #141 (permalink)
khfreek
What a guy

I guess to be fair I'll reply with what I would've posted, if only for a good debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I think Ethan was right to ask what you mean here by "evolution." The implication is that something naturally happened to prevent women from working, and that it wasn't a man made construct. By implying that alone you're going to piss people off so if you didn't mean it was natural rephrase, and if you did, state why.
It would appear that women are, in general, weaker and smaller than men, for the simple reason that the male was the hunter-gatherer who provided for the family, while the mother cared for the children, which might explain why women in general are less aggressive than men.

Quote:
If a woman joins the work force, how (and we'll need specifics here) are men or children suffering?
I was going on the assumption that children needed a female caregiver in their life as part of their development, but after looking for evidence to support this I realized kids are fine with males as well. The man might suffer because most guys I know wouldn't like to raise kids in stead of their wife, a subtle sexism I guess might still be pervading the cultural psyche.

Quote:
As for how natural it feels to raise a child, thats got more to do with the person and their upbringing than it does with nature. Some people find children to be a burden, some love the idea of teaching children.
Absolutely right, I would've been stumped by this