Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

I believe it's a control issue. For example, from what I've read on this forum about punk, it used to be a rebellion sort of deal. Now it has rules, and is a style, and safety-pined shirts are sold at stores for 50$ more then they should be, and the lyrics of certain "punk" bands today reflect that in their pointlessness. So, where exactly did the rebellion go? Wait, where did any of the provocative music on the radio go? Not only is just Bikini Kill not being given access to the majority, with their awful feminist views, but also Nick Cave isn't on the radio- too much talent, too twisted, it's just not fit for the public. Or... is it? Is the public really identifying with, relating to, being inspired by this bubblegum "everyone is happy" Jonas brother crap, or is that just what the media puts out there so kids grow-up thinking that's just how music is. Oh wait, did I say thinking, I meant buying.

Anyway, it isn't that hard of an obstacle to overcome. It's not like some gigantic conspiracy, people just move more towards controlled things in general. But there is another group, MusicBanter, the valiant Savior of all that is controversial! The open-minded forum that will one day fulfill it's destiny and sew the media for massive wide-spread demoralization and general crimes against society.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote