Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
It seems to me that the purple quadrant would be some free-range libertarianism. Someone who is for deregulation of all of everything. I'd say someone like Bojarski comes to mind.
right but how do you mary economic conservatism with pro-liberalisation? I gave some examples are those off base, because I have no idea who Bojarski is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
it's not like it's a concrete assessment of where you should stand on all major issues, just points in the direction that you're most likely at. and while this isn't perfect it's one of the better ones i've seen.

it's true, there should be a strong correlation between liberalism in social and economic issues, but that doesn't mean that everybody follows that mantra. look at Ron Paul, he's an enormous proponent for a laissez-faire market but he's very liberal socially at the same time.

and no, there shouldn't be an equal distribution throughout the plot. inasmuch the same way as Democrats outnumber Republicans.
but even still, we're talking statistics here, and on a normal curve, you're going to have a normal distribution.

It should be relativly equal because while parties mean different things, and are package deals that win based on marketing strategies, political philosophy isn't, especially when its as disjointed at the questioning was here.

I'm still not coming to grips with what purple would look like in practicum.