Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #6607 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Haha, no joke. The first time I was flying in here we got shot at and had to overfly. Ended up hoping all around Iraq and Kuwait that day. I probably did 7 or 8 combat landings that day. If they would have fed us anything I would have thrown it up.

Haha, yeah man it's cool. It's just that this base is about 13,000 army to about 600 air force. And those cats are alllllway complaining. As long as passed your asvab, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't have gone AF. My brother and Grandad are Army too, so I gotta talk shit.

LoL
Yea I remember my first flare experience in a 130... My first 130 ride was outbound to Kuwait so they didn't pop flares coming down, but on the way back (and no one told me they were going to) they popped 'em in the dive and it sounds like pot shots. I could see sparks out the little windows up top and I didn't put 2+2 together... I thought we were getting shot at. I'm all clench butt and looking around and everyone else is calm. I'm thinking "you bastards are crazy, I'm about to sh!t my pants here." Haha.

Yea, I just wanted to go Army. I had my MOS I wanted locked down and I had no idea the AF was a better option and had the same types of jobs. All I knew is I didn't want USMC or Navy.