Music Banter - View Single Post - WolfAtTheDoor's Miscellaneous Movie Review
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
I didn't actually! I'll have to look for him now... what part of the movie was he in?
He's right near the beginning. After they escape from the nightclub, they go to the airport and talk to a guy with an English accent right before they get in the plane. That guy is Dan Akroyd. I must have seen the movie twenty times before I noticed this.

Quote:
And the only film I saw in the cinema was the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, but it was much better viewing it as part of the series as I had more of a feel for Indy's character. I probably don't appreciate Marion as much as the old Indiana Jones fans because I'd already seen her in Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, where obviously people were already meant to know how she was important to the series. She wasn't introduced to me in the way that she was to viewers in the 80's, so maybe that's why her character impacted on me a lot less.
That's probably a big part of it. I thought they made her way less interesting in Crystal Skull. She's such a booze-swilling badass in the first movie. I like her a lot better that way.

Quote:
And as for Mola Ram. He rips out peoples hearts.
Yeah but that's about it. Belloq is so much more of a character. And he's such an arrogant jackass I just want to smack him every time he's on screen. I love it.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote