Music Banter - View Single Post - WolfAtTheDoor's Miscellaneous Movie Review
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
He's right near the beginning. After they escape from the nightclub, they go to the airport and talk to a guy with an English accent right before they get in the plane. That guy is Dan Akroyd. I must have seen the movie twenty times before I noticed this.

That's probably a big part of it. I thought they made her way less interesting in Crystal Skull. She's such a booze-swilling badass in the first movie. I like her a lot better that way.

Yeah but that's about it. Belloq is so much more of a character. And he's such an arrogant jackass I just want to smack him every time he's on screen. I love it.
Just another Nazi though... I think what I was expecting with the Indiana Jones series coming into it was the opening scene of Raiders, just repeated... temples, exploring, risky puzzles. Raiders wasn't really like that after the first scene was finished, much of it was spent in the daytime, outdoors, in a bustling environment. For me, Temple of Doom had the environment I was expecting and the one that I wanted from the movies. And the powerful, destructive, shamanic villain.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote