Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Interesting thread, I have thought about this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Music Watchtower View Post
Hi All,
The thing is that the whole industry is money driven, more so than ever and I feel that it clouds the vision of lots of producers, writers, bands and performers. If you get signed and your music is not commercial enough, big labes want to change it.
not necessarily. Lots of artists have proved that you don't have to do what industry wants you to do. Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, for example, felt that Nashville was taking them and molding them into what Nashville wanted at that time, not what they really were. So they said screw you Nashville, and they did what they wanted, they sang what they wanted, they wrote what they sang...ect. AND THEY made it. You know why? Because they had the talent to make it. They didn't need machines and equalizers to make their music sound good. (This is going back to my Taylor Swift post)

Too many people are getting in nowadays that have ZERO talent simply because if you are fair then they figure if they marketed you well enough, and they can tweak your voice to sound good then well through this crap out there and see if people buy into it.....or at least not riot against it. Its all TO MAKE MONEY NOWADAYS.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote