Music Banter - View Single Post - WolfAtTheDoor's Miscellaneous Movie Review
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Er... Belloq wasn't a Nazi. He was a French archeologist. In one scene he even makes a point of talking about how he's using the Nazis to help him get what he wants but he couldn't care less about them.

Also, I don't know what to tell you about your expectations there. I mean they are what they are but they don't really match up with what the Indiana Jones movies are all about. It's kind of hard to fault them for that.
You can't fault them for it no, but obviously having never watched any of the Indiana Jones films, I was always told I should by those who had. I'd practically heard the plotlines of the stories already, just by people explaining them to me in conversation. And most people drew a comparison with Tomb Raider to help me out... so you can see how I'd be given the impression that this bloke just, well, had adventures in temples. And I was all geared up for that and on paper it sounded brilliant, but I was just a bit disappointed when I actually saw them.

Aside from Temple of Doom, which was just on the level of brilliance that I expected.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote