Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #150 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
How often have you worked with children Yukon?

I personally did it for 6 years, intermixed were kids who paid to come and kids who were court ordered to come as they had become wards of the state.

The only impact afterschool care is going to have on your child is a societal one that they were going to get anyway. I'm a huge proponent of ASC because it prevents them from being sheltered "my kids craps ice cream" mentality that accompnies all the ought-born children.

daycare and asc don't prevent parents from reading to them before they go to bed or taking them to the playground on weekends. It doesn't prevent talking to the kids or preventing family road trips.

I think its more ****ed up to try and live some idealized version of what parents should do and not have enough money than it is to go out and have them live in the real world for awhile.
I have 3 kids..

Its not all about reading to them before they go to bed or taking them to the playground on the weekends.. There is a ton more to do than that. You are the Dad and Mom, the protector the comforter the best woman/man in the world to your kids. Notice how children act when mommy dumps them off at some crappy day care on top of that, the fact that there sick all the time. I feel that its one thing if there a single parent with a child but if you could potentially stay at home and raise your own kids, or go to a job to further add to your gluten lifestyle, you should raise your own damn kids.