Music Banter - View Single Post - Your political compass
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #94 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
its a burden for the businessman? Who gives a ****. If you can't handle the struggle of running a business, don't go into business. Business is a struggle of keeping your overhead low, your prices competitive, and your customers happy. In free market capitalism, it keeps things fresh and relevent.
Businessmen can't lower their prices to a certain amount because of things like minimum wage, taxes, and all those useless regulations that are on them. The burden isn't just taxes.

Quote:
Making it easier for them makes it horrible for us.
Them. Us. Both are useless collective terms. I don't care about my neighbors happiness unless it is of value to me and my happiness. I am not at war with the businessman simply because he is one. I realize he is pursuing his own happiness and as long as he respects my individual rights it is only rational for me to respect his. Of course, we don't respect individual rights in this society so we end up creating a huge battlefield with the littleman on one side and the businessman on the other.

A freer market would make it easier for people to succeed. Since I want to succeed, I want the true road to achieve it. The problem is, with this mixed economy, you either get favored by the government or you get denied by the government. It isn't capitalism. It is government regulated capitalism and all monopolies, bailouts, etc are all because the government decided to give favors to a company who did not deserve it. The market doesn't decide a good or bad company anymore. It is the government who decides whether one industry deserves to make money or not. Call it what you want, but this isn't "free" market capitalism.

and...It doesn't make the majority wrong either, so we can't operate on that scale. What we can do is say that it was considered the option by the majority and at least conclude its fair.[/QUOTE]
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote