Music Banter - View Single Post - What made you like Metal music?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Something in the music just resonated with me. There were times when I could swear my heart was beating in sync with the double bass drum of Death and Deicide. In my younger days (12-13) I was huge into the "Big 4" (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax) as well as the more popular newer metal bands like Slipknot, System of a Down, and Avenged Seven Fold. When I was 16 I kind of had a bit of a falling out with metal as I quickly jumped on the alternative rock bandwagon where I stayed til I was about 18, then I started getting back into the more extreme metals and paid little to no attention to the mainstream music. A lot of my music was coming from interent forums and my older friends who were always into the underground extreme stuff.

The thing I find most fascinating about metal is that it and hip hop are the two most prevalent genres of music you'll find throughout the world. If anyone has seen the documentaries "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" or its' predecessor "Global Metal" will agree with this.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote