Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #175 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhhKevin View Post
I take that back.. What happened to The Byrds and their music from the 60's era? If anyone really wants to listen to some good music from The Byrds, I think they should listen to songs like "My Back Pages." A song originally by Bob Dylan, but the Byrds have remastered the song.
I'd be lying if I said I was a massive fan of most 60s pop. Sweetheart Of the Rodeo is there because I think it's the best country rock album of all time, being the one which helped bring it to mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
sh*t-hot reviews, i'm checking out Mind Bomb, shame about the cover though (is that Matt Johnson on the front?) - they could have at least had a brain with a mushroom cloud coming out of it. Also I don't think you'll meet anyone anywhere who didn't think 'The The' wasn't a stupid name
Yeah, it's Matt Johnson. Amazing album but, as you say, shame about the passport photo on the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
Imma go get some The The too! 1000th post eh .
Yep, I'm officially part of the 1k+ Crew

For anyone who feels like checking The The out, Soul Mining is a great album too - not really in the same league as Mind Bomb but well worth a listen all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Mind Bomb is a hugely underated album. Top top review there.
Thanks I probably used the words 'dark' and 'ambitious' about 70 times altogether, but I believe I've made my point.

Thanks for the Soul Mining link btw - really enjoying that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
These albums are delicious. Who the heck is Captain Beefheart?

I like the album choice for The kinks but I would have gone top twenty at least.

Can't wait to see the final 8.

Jackhammers icon is hilarious.
My friend, you've got a whole trove of avante-garde treasures awaiting you Check him out on youtube and get an album called Safe As Milk before anything else.

As for the Kinks, it is an absolutely top-drawer album, but putting it in the #30-11 bracket (the upper echelon of musical genius) would've meant a headache over reshuffling the whole thing. It's in the list anyway, so at least I haven't completely ignored it eh.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote