Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pink Floyd Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #255 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

I find it weird that I'm a huge Floyd fan and I've never posted in this thread. They are the biggest reason for me being involved with music, and me taking the musical path I now have. Gilmour is the reason I play guitar; he's far and away my biggest guitar influence. They really changed my life. When I first started getting involved with the Floyd, I honestly didn't listen to anything else for 6 or 7 straight months. I'd just choose a different album to listen to, and since I had so many, I would never get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333
One of my favorite elements of the album (and most Pink Floyd albums) are the transitions inbetween songs. It flows nicely and fluidly at times and is chaotic at the right moments and I love that.
I fully agree about that; that really drew me in and helped me appreciate the albums as a piece of art on the whole. It's almost as if the albums are just single pieces of music with an incredible number of movements in some sense. It also helped that each album seemed to have a definitive feel to it, and each was different. Though albums like Dark Side and Wish You Were Here are obviously very Floyd, they each have strikingly different moods and atmospheres, which usually carried throughout each individual album.

Saucerful is fantastic of course as well.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote