Music Banter - View Single Post - What made you like Metal music?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Midi
Music Addict

Many years back, around the time I was hardly 13 I used to play alot of videogames, and so I'd join videogame communities to discuss my inherent interest. Around the time, back in middle school, it became 'cool' to follow the role of a mal goth and I couldn't help but admire the breakthrough in my previous idealized aesthetics of cool. From this enthused ignorance, I started paying more attention to the more alternate musical interests of people on the internet, that I had misjudged as having lived the same alternate lifestyle. I started off listening to H I M, Cradle of Filth and Iron Maiden but by the time I got to high school my taste evolved into various power / progressive / folk metal artists such as Ensiferum, Porcupine Tree, Tool, Kamelot and Helloween. I don't think I ever truly got sucked into metal until my senior year, when I finally gave death / black metal a fair listen. I got seriously attached to bands such as Death, Nile, Arcturus, Quo Vadis, Shining, In Flames among countless other bands.

Very lame, but so it goes.
Midi is offline   Reply With Quote