Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Beatles album?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #229 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

two cases for Rubber Soul, based around it being their most misogynistic album which gives me belly laughs

George Harrison dumps his girlfriend and tells her how stupid and needy she is

John Lennon threatens to kill his girlfriend if she screws around

Special mention goes to 'the Word' - a heavily sarcastic paean to Love - and 'Norwegian Wood' which me and a mate once druggily postulated was about John Lennon copping off with a woman, falling asleep in her bath; he later awakens to find her gone and torches the house. I can't wait to hear it in mono.

Just reading the wiki article on this album and after umpteen years I have totally had it with the over-analysis of every tiny step of the recording process for every album and exactly what they were getting up to in between. I have a big full-colour Mojo Beatles book and down the margins of the each page it has a calendar of dates from '62-'70 and tells you what the Beatles were doing, it hardly misses a single day?!
'January 14rd 1965: Beatles begin final tour. George drinks some milk that has turned and is unable to perform. Paul is believed to have first hummed the melody that would become 'Eleanor Rigby' in a hotel lift on this date'
kill all Beatles fans

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote