Music Banter - View Single Post - Movie Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post

I recently watched a Swedish film called "Let the Right One In" that I highly recommend. It's a hit among horror fans. It's more of a psychological drama about it 12-year-old boy's relationship with the girl that moved in next door, who happens to be a vampire. The pacing is a bit slow, so if you can't hanlde that, I wouldn't recommend that you see this film.
I would also recommend this movie. A girl I was dating at the time dragged me to go see Twilight much to my objection, however I bit the bullet and saw that god awful ****fest. Then a week later my buddy who works in movies told me about this one and I saw that it was playing at the Vancouver International Movie Theater so I took my girlfriend to it and she apologized profusely for making me sit through Twilight after watching Let the Right One In. The actors portray love in such a realistic manner without using cliched high school stereotypes and big named actors to appeal to teenyboppers. The best part was that it was the first movie for the actress that played Eli and the actor that played Oskar.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote