Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #74 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
67. Meat is Murder - The Smiths

Surprised? Now of course I piss on The Smiths all the time. Why? Well lets see. 1. Morrissey is a douche. 2. I hate their fans. 3. Queen is Dead is overrated and boring. 4. Morrissey is a douche. 5. Johnny Marr now plays for my least favorite band in the world. But I love this album. That doesn't make me a Smiths fan, I'm not. I could do without their other albums entirely, this album works for me because they spreaded their wings a little, they experiement with many styles, and it all appeals to me a lot more than what they usually dish out, it doesn't sound like The Smiths that much, go figure. Morrisseys lyrics with his "I'm so painfully shy and lonely" BS, lame pseudo intellectualism, ironic humor and moral imperialist propagonda (the awful title track for example) still grates the f*ck out of me. But the music here makes up for that, Johnny Marr really kicks ass on this album, and the rhythm section, heck even Morrisseys vocals are good here. Just don't make me listen to anything else by this band, please.
Favorite tracks: The Headmaster Ritual, I Want the One I Can't Have, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, How Soon is Now?, Barbarism Begins At Home.

66. The Joshua Tree - U2

djusdjuhfu9shd9fyh9fdyh79df
Favorite tracks: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bullet The Blue Sky, Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires.
Some more great picks, especially these two. I'm not so much into the Smiths but should probably check Meat Is Murder out soonish. As for U2 (great description btw), they do get a lot of sh1t on these boards just because Bono is Bono, but I'd still recommend this album to anyone. I despise most of their output after this though.

Good call with Forever Changes as well - one of my absolute favourites.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote