Music Banter - View Single Post - You Don't Know Hardcore
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
bardonodude
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
Damaged is good though. God knows it's better than half the stuff that's mentioned in this forum (but yes My War is better than Damaged, even though it's not really hardcore, albeit it is better than 99% of hardcore records).

you're allowed to like bands without delving into scenes that sprang up because of them, you know. College kids with no real interest in hardcore can like Damaged, big f'uckin deal dude. I'd take Black Flag or Minor Threat over anything Orchid ever did any time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
you're allowed to like bands without delving into scenes that sprang up because of them, you know.
lol i know, that was kind of cool, to be into them, I did like a lot of punk but not many other bands from that time frame. I have no idea how I found out about them ( oh wait yeah, I do, sublime talked about them a lot). but nonetheless, I dont know, the point I was trying to make is that people talk about black flag like they were the only good hardcore band, and they were clueless to all of the other good bands out there. I don't really like black flag, minor threat or orchid that much. There are way better bands that just were'nt as big as they were imo.
bardonodude is offline   Reply With Quote