Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
64. Morning View - Incubus

Make Yourself was one of the first albums I ever owned and I've been big on this band ever since. Picking a favorite is hard, between this and SCIENCE it's very close, but this one takes it by just a smidgen. This album doesn't get a lot of love, even from Incubus fans, since it's considered the point when they sold out their funky roots for a more mainstream sound, and that may be true. But whatever, I don't pick albums for their authenticity. Incubus are a rariety among modern mainstream rock bands in that I don't mind that they're played on the radio a lot, I still love their singles, especially from this album. But the best stuff is the proggier tracks. This is such a mellow album, and I like the mix of electronica, eastern sounds and hard rock, I still think Incubus are a pretty original band, but because they're so FM radio friendly people tend to overlook that. I love this band and I don't care if their fanbase consists almost exclusively of 13 year old girls. =D
Favorite tracks: Wish You Were Here, Just A Phase, Mexico, Echo, Under My Umbrella, Aqueous Transmission.
Well...I'm not a 13 year old girl, but I DO love Incubus, and this album is right up there at the top of my list. Aqueous Transmission is what really makes this album IMO. Good picks with Just a Phase and Wish You Were Here too.