Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #185 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Not at all I'll have a link with you in a few hours.

Yay thank you! Well done on some excellent reviewing by the way. I hope that I can extensify my music tastes in such a way as you and other members have here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Blue Sky Mining is a favourite of mine too (Stars Of Warburton and a River Runs Red are both killer songs). Earth and Sun Moon and 10-1 very nearly made the list as well. You're right about the lyrics as well, and one reason Diesel and Dust is up there is because of how they express that negativity using a deceptively pop-oriented sound. Basically, Beds Are Burning = how you deliver a message and get loads of people to listen
They are just brilliant all round, people should listen to them it's well worth it! I totally agree about Beds Are Burning, listening to their lyrics actually makes you think about the situation and want to know more, and I feel the album continues this education of how people of native culture are treated in their country.

I think the song One Country from Blue Sky Mining seals the deal by suggesting - what does the listener think about what is really going on?