Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #189 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
They are just brilliant all round, people should listen to them it's well worth it! I totally agree about Beds Are Burning, listening to their lyrics actually makes you think about the situation and want to know more, and I feel the album continues this education of how people of native culture are treated in their country.

I think the song One Country from Blue Sky Mining seals the deal by suggesting - what does the listener think about what is really going on?
It's a great song that. There's a song called Renaissance Man on Earth and Sun and Moon which is a lot like that. I just love how their lyrics really make you think about this sort of stuff, and the Oils have this way of making the music powerful enough to give it all some more substance - it's why Peter Garret's vocal style works so well.

Put Down That Weapon's a fantastic song, and a great example of what I'm on about. My favourite on the album at the moment's probably Sell My Soul, but it goes without saying that that changes a lot.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote