Music Banter - View Single Post - What made you like Metal music?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #73 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

It has to be Metallica for me, they were the first metal band I ever really properly got in to. Back at high school a guy gave me a custom made compilation of Metallica songs, i think Carpie Diem Baby & Fuel were amongst them. Now I am into a hell of a lot more metal and obviously dont think Metallica are the best although I thought their 'Death Magnetic' album was absolutely crackin. I have since ventured into the genres of Folk Metal (Ulver,Finntroll), Black Metal (Mayhem), even goregrind/core (Carcass), also Thrash obviously likes of Slayer, Anthrax, etc.
Sorry this looks as though im a total amateur when it comes to metal but believe me im a big fan, im just really tired and cant think/remeber all the bands im into (also havent been listening to alot of metal recentley anyway so thats probably why!), oh I love Iron Maiden, and think that Black Sabbath's best singer was Ronnie James Dio and the best album Ive ever heard from them is 1992's 'Dehumanizer'; that track 'Computer God' is probably my favourite metal track (although I dont like to put a label on things like that) and it has the best drum intro to a metal song Ive ever heard in my life (and one of the best solos at the end). Anyway Im actually more into Jazz at the moment so Il probably be vacating the Jazz section alot. Suppose there wont be many people who are into Metal & Jazz although I am one of them so if you are out there you are not alone!
Attached Thumbnails
What made you like Metal music?-dehumanizer_front_big.jpg  
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote