Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #358 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
The cream usually rises to the top, but anything can happen in the post-season. It's all about which goalie gets hot... which special teams is clicking...

The Sharks and Wings have enough speed, talent, and depth to overcome something as basic as a goalie on a hot streak, but other teams- ? I honestly would not be terribly shocked to see any of the following win: Canadiens, Rangers, Hurricanes, Flyers, Flames, or Blues. I actually am confident 4 out of 6 of those listed will win the series.
Flyers and Flames scraped into the playoffs coming off huge slides. not to mention their playoff history isn't exactly sparkling. it really all depends on whether Biron & Kip are willing to show up to the playoffs.

of those six i think two MIGHT win, probably the Canes if anyone at all. Habs & Rangers are both in the same place so to speak, and neither will fare well against the Bruins or Caps (though the Bruins are a much bigger threat as a 'lockdown' team). i'm not really acquainted with the West but i could see the Blues pulling it off, they had a strong March showing.

all in all i think the Cup final is very much a tossup (unlike last year when it was almost guaranteed that the Red Wings & Pens were in), but i'm very confident the West will take it again.