Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you care if an artist is a d*ck?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent-on-the-Run View Post
I don't mind. In fact, especially when it comes to politics, I would rather not know what their political leanings are. It sort of bugs me, too, that some artists talk about that crap on stage, I'm there for the music, not what they think about this or that.

I saw Ryan Adams several years ago. Awful show. Drunk as a skunk. But I got over it and love him again.
I heard a story about Ryan Adams. He was playing a gig (cant remember where exactly), and he asked the crowd for a suggestion on which song to play next, and someone shouted out 'Summer Of 69' (which I thought was quite funny), however Mr.Adams did not and had the guy thrown out and his ticket refunded. But I still like his music;I dont understand anybody who says they dont like somebodys music because of things they have done in other situations.
Another example I have (this is pretty embarassing but...) is Oasis. I used to be really into them when I was back in High School 2 or years ago but obviously I hate Liam Gallagher & more recentley Noel Gallagher, just because of their attitudes that they are 'the best' etc etc but it didnt affect me when I listened to their music. I have sinced 'grown out' of Oasis and realise now that their lyrics mean sod all, that Noel Gallagher is 'not' a genious and that basically they are just crap.(I realised this when somebody introduced me to Neil Young).
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote