Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Yes Album
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
just made a beeline for the Yes album, although I somehow lost my copy of Close to the Edge so i'll probably regret it when the remastered CD arrives in the post...
but yeah, starship trooper

Relayer is good for a laugh, but as cliche it may be I will always dislike Topographic. Threads like this always get me to give it another listen and it just leaves me cold every time
I love Relayer, it might have the cheesiest Yes moment (cha cha cha CHA CHA) but I still consider it one of their classics. Gates of Delirium is one of my top 5 Yes tracks, Soundchaser is awesome (I don't care what anyone says), and To Be Over is one of the more underrated Yes songs.

I can understand the hate for Relayer and Tales though even if they are among my favorites. Tales is not without it's faults for me, I think The Ancient is pretty meh and they should have ditched that track entirely, and The Ritual could have been just 5 minutes shorter because that drum solo near the end is just really out of place. RSOG and The Remembering though are just perfect.

They're certainly the last albums I want to recommend to people who want to get into this band, because they're the kind of albums only Yes fans can get into. The Yes Album and Fragile are obviously the first albums to recommend to people who are curious about this band.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote