Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Anthemic Punk Song
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #109 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
I would have to say 'Anarchy In The UK' by the Sex Pistols, now I dont really rate the Sex Pistols but when that was the song that immediately came to mind when I read the question, second i would say The Clash's 'White Riot'.
I aint really that big on punk although I do like The Clash and a lot of Joe Strummer's solo work (especially with The Mecaleros). I also like The Fall although I realise they are mostly regarded as a 'Post-Punk' band which most Punk pureists would hate. I suppose its the likes of the hardcore grunge fans who would hate bands like 'Creed' as they take a lot of their sound from Pearl Jam & Eddie Vedder. I dont mind Creed but can understand how people would hate them, also I personally hate the band 'Godsmack' as I think they are a total rip off of Alice In Chains.(including their name).
"White Riot" is a good tune. Was that on the list? I didn't check.
Yeah, Creed is basically a joke, and although I did like Godsmack when I was 13, I had to come to realize what a ****e band they are. I mean, they took the name of an AIC song for their band name and had a song called "Bad Religion". What the ****?
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote