Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #365 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post
Get your head outta your ass man. These are the playoffs, these are 7 games. Anything can happen...The playoffs are an entirely different thing than the regular season. Dont be so sure about yourself.
Exactly. One goalie can elevate a team. Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin can disappear for a series. One hit can alter the entire dynamic of the series (see: Cory Sarich on Patrick Marleau).

By the way, what's all this talk of a "weak" Western Conference? I don't understand that. The West had 141 wins versus the East (compared to 129 for East over West). 6 of 8 playoff teams in the West had winning records against the East- only 4 of 6 in the East had winning records against the West.

I'm sorry, but I've watched the Sharks for over a decade now- when it comes to the playoffs, they are never a lock... especially drawing a talented rival in the first round. Detroit's a little more experienced and disciplined in the playoffs, but Osgood/Conklin havs been absolutely horrible.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote