Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #369 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Playoff experience is just as important as depth this time of year. Thats something hat Detroit has tons of, and Id say they'll be the hardest team to face in the playoffs this year.
The Sharks massively upgraded their playoff experience in the offseason, Detroit still has more but the Sharks are the equal of any other team in the NHL.

Quote:
That said, even if you have a couple hardened playoffs veterans on your 3rd line that arent gonna put amazing numbers on the board. Their experience is gonna help the team a lot. Im just saying this is not the regular season anymore. A lot of things from the regular and long gone when the playoffs start. Its a whole new brand of puck.
Yep, things like depth and experience count a lot more, all the more reason the Sharks and Red Wings will dominate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
Nobody is saying that other teams have the same chance as the Sharks or Wings- we are just acknowledging that they do have SOME chance. The consensus from you guys seems to be Sharks or Wings, 100% guaranteed. I'm saying that is dumb.
I'm not saying it's 100% chance either, but it's the safest bet by a long way, more so than any other year in recent memory.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I've watched the Sharks for over a decade now- when it comes to the playoffs, they are never a lock... especially drawing a talented rival in the first round.
Look at who the Sharks added in the offseason, factor in the new coach, this is not the team of yesteryear.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote