Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #805 (permalink)
happiness71
Groupie

1. WILD BOYS (DURAN DURAN) I started liking Durans by that song and it also reminds me of the middle school last year trip, when I had my first "serious" crush for a girl..bit nostalgic right now...;

2. THE KIOTO SONG (THE CURE) Summer '88 - Study holidays in Brighton (U.K.) - I used to listen to The Cure in that period and my finnish girlfriend liked it very much, so I can say it was our "soundtrack", though a bit sad;

3. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (QUEEN) - One of the most beautiful Queen's songs and I'd say one of the most beautiful songs of all times. I've become a Queen's fan by listening to that incredible song;

4. CARELESS WHISPER (WHAM) - It reminds me of my first parties and of my first cheek to cheek dances. Definitely, one of the most romantic and beautiful love ballads of ever;

5. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU (U2)- Simple chords, but nice bass lines. It helped me to better focus on the bass sound, because when I started listening to music I had some trouble in recognizing that kinda sound;

6. HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY (VAN MORRISON)- What can I say about it? Simply wonderful! When I listened to it the first time ( I think it was on the radio many years ago), I immediately fell in love with it: the sound is so "sweet", so romantic; a sound where the piano playing represents the sublime, the senses peacefulness. I could listen to it endlessly without ever getting tired of it;

7. PARALLEL UNIVERSE (RHCP) - One of my fav RHCP's songs. I like the bass part in it.

8. EL TANGO DE ROXANNE (EWAN MCGREGOR) - Powerful! Incredible crescendo! Exciting, moving, clap, clap....;

9. NOVEMBER RAIN (GUNS & ROSES) - Great guitar solo; great Slash....I would like to be able to play the guitar.. but, unfortunately, I can't play any instrument..(pretty sad about it...);

10. WE BOTH GO DOWN TOGETHER (THE DECEMBERISTs) - One of my fav indie/alternative songs. The sound is a bit melancholic and I'm attracted to that kind of songs. Am I in my deepest a little sad too?