Music Banter - View Single Post - Formula One 09'
Thread: Formula One 09'
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Good year... And they weren't deemed illegal, which is good news.
It was a great decision simple because it keeps the competition a little more balanced than it otherwise would be (Though Barichello's was broken in Aus apparently early on, and was still a fast as hell beast on the track, so the Brawn would still be fast either way). Brawn wasn't focussing on last year, which meant they could start developing their new car earlier. I was hesitant when Honda jumped on the Brawn name, simply because I've always been a Honda man, but at least they're still alive.

The diffuser was given three 'okays' before this trial so I would have been mighty surprised if they overturned their legality.

The only thing I can say is thank to fuck that they held off the 'Who ever wins the most races wins it all' for at least a year. It was the dumbest idea in a while. And in all likelihood Button would have had the thing sewn up before the other teams got their diffusers in line and calibrations all set.
A few have to rush to get their plans in order... McLaren didn't push too hard, so maybe they have something in line without altering the entire back wing
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote