Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
The Music Watchtower
Groupie

Default Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?

My Goodness!! It has taken me ages to read through all of your posts...

Ok, you are a mixed bunch as to whether or not there is too much music out there...

Well while I was away, this conversation took place a few times during my holiday with a fellow musician and his view was slightly different. He said that he feels that there is way too much thought going into music by individuals and not enough guys who happen to be friends just jamming. (Individuals are making music more so than bands coming together to find their sound jamming, then making music.) He quoted something that he thinks was said by one of The Beatles, which was, 'we jam together until we have something that sounds familiar and then we know we have a song' I don't know the truth of that but my friend does have a point.

The commercial pop music has been based on similar things throughout the ages;- good looks, sex, image and catchy music. The only thing that has gone wrong with this kind of music over the years is that from the early '80's it has been getting progressively worse.

The guitar bands and iconic figures of the the bygone era's are still playing a big influence in what modern music has produced. New bands who's music has lent their sound to, is a result of the influence of bands from that bygone era, and I'm not talking about the '80's, '90's or 00's.

Lets ask the next question, why has there not been any original iconic figures/bands since the '80's of the scale of previous decades?
The Music Watchtower is offline   Reply With Quote