Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Grunge Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #521 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I think we all go through a grunge phase at some point, I know I did. Grunge was the coolest ever for a while, then I kind of just grew out of it. I rarely listen to my grunge albums now. However there are a few classic albums I spin more than others.
I agree with you on this. I went through a super hardcore grunge everything phase for about 6 months. And then one day I just moved on to another phase. Not that they are any worse than when I first listened to them, its just that grunge is a very specific feeling of music, and I got my fill of it I moved on to the next. I still listen to it when the mood catches me right, though, and I remember ow good this stuff is.

As for people who think this is a high school trend-- I will have to disagree with you on this. I am a junior in high school right now so I see all the trends go down. Although there are quite a few throwback trends right now (Like kids wearing Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd shirts that have no idea who they are. they are just getting them because they are at wal-mart) there are no kids at my school wearing combat boots with flowery shorts or wearing their hair long. There really arent that many kids at the school who would even know what grunge rock even is. I'm guessing that there will be a huge grunge comeback at some point though (being that there is no good music being put out for us kids now) but it is not happening right now.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote