Music Banter - View Single Post - Two old bastards reassess the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
It must have been difficult pretending that you hadn't heard Under the Bridge 80 Bazillion times before.
It was a challenge, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I enjoy I Could Have Lied. Basically don't listen to the album for the vocals, because as you pointed out there far from exceptional. The guitar though in this song, especially the slow solo is quite relaxing and not often replicated by other guitarists.
I'm listening to "I Could Have Lied" again as I type this but it just doesn't do it for me. The classic rock-ish guitar playing is probably the biggest turn off for me. As far the suggestion that I not listen to the album for the vocals goes: for better or worse Anthony Kiedis and Flea are the Chili Peppers, ignoring Kiedis is like ignoring half the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Secondly I have to fully disagree with your review of the Sir Psycho Sexy outro. The 2-3 minute outro in my eyes is plain pretty, why not end a song with it? Not to mention the chord progression is quite pleasant.
Well, if you like I can see why you'd be happy to listen to it. I don't like it though so I wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
with all the recent BSSM talk i'm thinking i might have to copycat this whole thing. right off the bat i think 'righteous and the wicked' is a standout as opposed to filler

while i've heard individual songs here and there over the years i don't remember the last time i sat and listened to the album from start to finish.
You should totally do your own take on it. I'd love to read it! Post it in this thread if you want. I'll change the thread title to "Two old bastards..."
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote