Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I like simple rock music, but it just seems very skilled musicians get a bum rap because they don't waste their talents making the same kind of basic rock n roll that everyone else does.

I feel that progressive rock and a lot of classic rock bands especially takes an unfair beating for it, because they take the more complex approach.

So for example, while I'd say Never Mind the Bollocks is as good as say... Inner Mounting Flame by Mahavishnu Orchestra. I have to give more credit to the band that actually put a lot of skill and effort into their product.

Or another example, I find Fall Out Boy and Dream Theater to be about equally unbearable to listen to. But I give DT more credit for a variety of reasons, one of them is that they can actually play their instruments and play them well, and another is that they seem to actually appreciate music and love what they do, rather than just being in it solely for the money. So for that, even though I f*cking loathe Dream Theater, I respect them, because I sure as hell couldn't do what they do for a living if my life depended on it.

But anybody could do Pete Wentz' job.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote