Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I like simple rock music, but it just seems very skilled musicians get a bum rap because they don't waste their talents making the same kind of basic rock n roll that everyone else does.

I feel that progressive rock and a lot of classic rock bands especially takes an unfair beating for it, because they take the more complex approach.

So for example, while I'd say Never Mind the Bollocks is as good as say... Inner Mounting Flame by Mahavishnu Orchestra. I have to give more credit to the band that actually put a lot of skill and effort into their product.

Or another example, I find Fall Out Boy and Dream Theater to be about equally unbearable to listen to. But I give DT more credit for a variety of reasons, one of them is that they can actually play their instruments and play them well, and another is that they seem to actually appreciate music and love what they do, rather than just being in it solely for the money. So for that, even though I f*cking loathe Dream Theater, I respect them, because I sure as hell couldn't do what they do for a living if my life depended on it.

But anybody could do Pete Wentz' job.
imo, it's the song that matters in the end. if it's a good technical song, i respect it the same if it's a good catchy song. if the song sounds good, then i like it. i've heard plenty of extremely skilled musicians that bore the hell out of me and dudes who know a few chords that have made great songs and vice versa.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote