Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well that's not the case here at all, and certainly not for critics.
Depends on what critics you're talking about I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I didn't listen to the radio much as a kid, just watched MTV. And after I got bored of Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock. I got into classic rock, it was completely foreign to me, and so I don't see why I should hate it because other people have been overexposed to it and now hate it.
You shouldn't hate it. It's what you like and that's cool. I'm just saying that your experience where you feel like you've had punk shoved down your throat is like the experience I had with classic rock. Like I said before I think it's a product of us growing up in somewhat different eras.

As for your comments about postpunk, I've loved it for ages and you know what? It got zero recognition for the longest time. It wasn't until this decade when the neo postpunk bands started showing up that anybody really started giving it any press at all. The idea of actually encountering sizable numbers of people who like it is still a very foreign concept for me.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote